Learn to Fence
We offer a six-week beginners’ course (minimum age 16).   No experience necessary.
Time : Tuesday evenings, 8.30pm
What will I learn ? / syllabus
- Defend yourself !  -  the On Guard position
- Offensive moves  -  moving forward, moving back, the Lunge attack
- Defensive moves  -  Lateral parry, Circular parry, Semi-circular parry
- Counter-attacks  -  the Riposte
- and   -  Compound attacks and Beat attacks
Certificate : a Certificate is awarded on course completion
Course notes : a full set of course notes, with illustrations is provided
BAF Awards : Our beginners syllabus covers nearly all of the British Academy of Fencing (BAF) Bronze award, which for most fencers is then attainable with a few weeks further tuition in the club.
Acquiring your own kit : After completing your Beginners Course, you may be wondering about purchasing your own kit. As a recent beginner, you are welcome to use any kit available in the Club, when not required for use by new beginners. However, in the long run you will probably wish to acquire your own kit. Read more ...
Apply : Please complete the Online application form
Enquiries to : Michael Clemitson - 029 2075 1155
or email : Whitchurch Fencing Club
|Application form||Proficiency Awards||Acquiring your own kit||Fencing in the Movies|