Club re-opening - the story so far ...
- Fencing resumed in England on 25th July ...
- Community Centres and Leisure Centres could re-open in Wales from 10th August
- The Club has formed a 'COVID Committee' to brainstorm what will be involved in fencing with Social Distancing, and have prepared our own Risk Assessment, and are ready to issue opening guidance to members, once a firm date is in view.
- Rhiwbina Memorial Hall is now also ready for opening. We have had a copy of their Risk Assessment, and they have installed sanitisers & dispensers, and `Exit Only` & `2m Separation`, etc, signs.
- Welsh Fencing guidance – although the Welsh Government guidance acknowledges the impracticality of maintaining 2 metre distancing in sports such as basketball or football, Welsh Fencing are insistent on a full 2m separation at all times, and therefore no fencing is allowed.
Further news to follow, once clarification is available. ...
( In the meantime, here's some photos from over the years )
Enquiries to : Michael Clemitson - 029 2075 1155
email : Whitchurch Fencing Club